Prev: Re: [GZG-ECC] 2001 Dates and location Next: Re: 3D FT

Re: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 16:21:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario

"Hudak, Mike" wrote:

> If you're trying to combine scenario types, how about a Planetary
> invasion/extraction mission?	You could start with the FT mission
where
> you're trying to escort transport ships to a planet, either for
extraction
> or invasion, while an opponent defends the planet.  However long the
> agressor keeps appropriate ships in orbit is how long those services
are
> available to ground units.  Also, the number of transports that
survive
> affects the troop size of the agressor/how many troops can be
evacuated.

> Once times are established, you can later play the SG2 scenario, based
on
> parameters established from the FT scenario.

    I'm not sure it's a good idea to link the SG turns all that closely
with
the FT turns.  The FT turns will be equal to roughly 3 SG turns.  Just
for
comparison, the Beer Game only lasted 6 turns, with a full platoon on
either
side.  Even if we doubled that length, which is about all you can hope
to get
into 4 hours, we're still only talking about 4 FT turns.  For the FT
game to
have any impact at all, you're really going to have to peg their success
something other than the number of turns.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"Tradition refuses to submit to the small and
 arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen
 to be walking about."
 -G.K. Chesterton

Prev: Re: [GZG-ECC] 2001 Dates and location Next: Re: 3D FT