Prev: Re: I wanna scenario Next: Scenario idea - new

RE: FT/FB Clarifications

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:35:24 -0500
Subject: RE: FT/FB Clarifications

Vector:
Yes, you have 1/2 (round down, minimum of 1) engine rating to maneuver
and
full rating to use for main drive.
Yes, 1 point of Maneuver will allow you to turn to any clock facing. Any
other maneuver points may be spent for "pushes" and/or to roll.

Rolling:
The example given is using Cinematic movement.

Aft Arc Fire:
PDS and Class-1s in PDS mode are not effected by MD because the targets
are
MUCH closer. Fighters and missiles are assumed to be darting in to do
the
actual attacks.
Our group read the rules differently than some others. That is that,
with
the weapons that have an Aft arc may fire and that limiting them to
turns
when the MD did not fire was the optional rule. What is the difference
between Push of 3 and a MD burn of 3? If pushes do not incur the penalty
then using MD at less than half of its rating should also not incur the
penalty (or a push should incur the same "blocking arc" penalty).

<tinker mode>
If I were to re-write the vector rules, it would have the following
changes:
1. Movement points would be double the rating for the ship.
2. MD and Rotation would come out of the same movement point pool (as it
takes time to spin a ship. And during that time, the ship may not fire
its
main drive, or at minimum, the MD firing is less effective at putting
the
ship on the desired course).
3. I would eliminate pushes as they would result in less than 1"
(1000km)
movement on the map.
4. I would allow multiple rotations (turn, fire MD, turn) as long as the
ship had the movement points to accomplish it.
5. Rolls would cost 1 movement point
<end tinker mode>

-----
Brian Bell