Prev: RE: I wanna scenario Next: Re: I wanna scenario

Re: I wanna scenario

From: s666@f...
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 18:06:59 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: I wanna scenario

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

> Will anybody here admit to reading Star Fleet Battles?  I vaguely
> remember seeing a scenario called something like "The Valka Episode".
> The initial situation was some huge ship with a couple of escorts
> gets cut off deep in enemy territory.
> The game was a series of linked scenarios, depicting the huge ship's
> attempt to fly three thousand parsecs to safety, through everything
> the enemy can throw at it.  The ship got limited repair in between
> scenarios.
> The enemy got various forces that could be allocated to the
> various scenarios, with survivors being available for later scenarios.
>
> It seems to me that this would be a nifty kind of scenario to do
> in Full Thrust, with any pair of stellar nations who dislike each
other.

> Has anybody done this?
> Or are linked scenarios boring?

I believe the mini-campaign you are referring to is "The Lone Grey
Wolf",
about a Klingon C8 dreadnought trying to make it home from deep in
Kzinti
space after negotiations take a turn for the worse. The "Admiral Kang"
makes it safely back to klingon space.

As someone already said, "The Valkha Episode" was a Starfire scenario in
"The Stars at War" scenario book. This had a followup "what-if" scenario
dealing with the planned Orion attack on the Terran shipyards at
Galloway's Star. In the historical outcome for the first scenario, the
Valkha dies.

Sean Dzafovic

Prev: RE: I wanna scenario Next: Re: I wanna scenario