Prev: GZG ECC III Aftermath Next: Kr'rt (aka Wi'Sel of the Kol'kol)

Re: Stargrunt II FAQ

From: JohnDHamill@a...
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 01:33:38 EST
Subject: Re: Stargrunt II FAQ

In a message dated 2/29/00 9:23:13 PM Central Standard Time,
henrix@pp.sbbs.se writes:

<< > GMS is anti-vehicle. You roll Quality die and Sensor die for the
attacker
 > versus the ECM die of the defending vehicle.
 >
 > The implication in the "heavy weapon versus infantry" section on page
40
seems
 > to indicate that you can't fire a GMS against dispersed infantry
targets. I
 > think on the list people have suggested that you let GMS/P fire at
Power
 > Armour targets.

 Well, my intention was to point out that it isn't clearly stated in the

proposed
 FAQ. If you cannot use GMS versus infantry, fine, just say "No."
 We have had some vague discussion here inour group whether you could or
not,
 basically agreeing that you cannot, but what if you really need _all_
the
 firepower you have (and the GMS/P troopers do not carry AR ;-).... I
saw the
 question in the FAQ and thought the solution was at hand, but, alas,
that
was not
 the case.

Well, as a matter of common sense, GMS/P could have alternate warheads,
for
example, they could have two AT, and one HE, per load... but they would
to be
reffed correctly...and as far as firing at PA, while a little overkill,
if
they have a decent signature, i don't see why not, as a matter of fact
that
could be a good idea for a "stealth suit" which has a low enough
signature
that GMS's won't acquire it...

John
JohnDHamill@aol.com

Prev: GZG ECC III Aftermath Next: Kr'rt (aka Wi'Sel of the Kol'kol)