Prev: Re: [GZG-ECC] AARs and Stuff Next: Gamescience Star Trek minis

Re: Stargrunt II FAQ

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 00:07:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Stargrunt II FAQ

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:37:46 -0400, Brian Quirt <baqrt@mta.ca> wrote:

>1) You have small arms AND support weapons. You can fire all of them in
>one
>	action (except GMS/P, but ignore that for now).

Right.

>2) You have ONLY support weapons. 1/action.
>	Thus, by putting 1 rifleman into your PA squad, you can suddenly
fire
>MANY
>	more weapons in a single action. I'm not sure how this works?

This isn't clear. And, in fact, about a year ago I got a big discussion
on
this. I have a scenario where there are 4 plasma guns per squad of Power
Armour. I let them fire any number of support weapons with one action.

This got us into a discussion on the list where some people said, "Well,
don't
put more than one support weapon in a squad." This was countered with,
"That's
not even HISTORICALLY accurate."

The feeling was that If you could fire 2 support weapons along with
rifles,
you could fire them without rifles. However, the support weapons are
resolved
independently. In my scenario, the plasma guns (used to take out
vehicles and
infantry) could each fire with one action, but they all fired
independently.
Each rolled a Quality die and a Firepower die, that's all.

Again, some vagueness. I have playtested this and it works, though. It
works
because the support weapons in question are plasma guns, and because the
scenario makes use of this. It could be easily overpowering if players
were
allowed to create squads without limitations. But SG2 is a scenario
based
game, and I don't think that a properly balanced scenario should be
prevented
from doing this.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: [GZG-ECC] AARs and Stuff Next: Gamescience Star Trek minis