Prev: Re: Stargrunt II FAQ Next: Re: [GZG-ECC] AARs and Stuff

Re: Robots and Drones in SG2.

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 22:29:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Robots and Drones in SG2.

>So in other words, put aside, for now whether AI will
completely replace humans in
>the future. And lets assume it does.

Alarishi army is working on this for "outside" combat, in which
terrain is mostly elevation change (no vegetation and usually no
air).  "Inside" combat is pretty much going to demand humans.

>One thing I was thinking about mechanics. Do we need to just
eliminate the entire
>confidence level, confidence check/morale rules from SG2?  Do
we need to rename them
>something else and modify them instead? Can the SG2 rules as
written handle a
>radically different type of combat in both scale, and
interaction?

Unless you have a unit which is badly programmed or intended as
a kamikaze, I'd think combat robots would have some
self-preservation programmed in.  If so, you should be able to
treat them similarly to humans, with modifiers.

Prev: Re: Stargrunt II FAQ Next: Re: [GZG-ECC] AARs and Stuff