Prev: Re: OU Ship Designs. Next: Re: FT tryout

Re: AI

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 07:09:45 -0500
Subject: Re: AI

Alan E and Carmel J Brain wrote:

> Beth Fulton wrote:
> > Though not military AI I know of a lot of work on AIs (for robot
> > navigation) which are currently underway and based on
ants/bees/various
> > other insects/owls/toads and a hedgehog (that one's got me stumped
too).

> Didn't know about the Hedgehog. Mammals are complex, orders of
magnitude
> of orders of magnitude (not a misprint) more rich and complex in
> behaviour than amphibians. I suspect they're only modelling one small
> instinctive facet of its behaviour.
> Any URLs handy?

	I don't have the URL handy, but the March 2000 issue of
	Scientific American has a nifty article about computer
	AI algorithims derived from the behavior of ants.
	The article had a URL with more info.

	Of course, anybody who is serious about AI
	algorthims should check out
	http://www.gameai.com/ai.html

Prev: Re: OU Ship Designs. Next: Re: FT tryout