Prev: Re: GZG ECC III - My limited perspective Next: I bet that one didn't make the quote list

Re AI, was NBC

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:10:54 -0500
Subject: Re AI, was NBC

>We may at some point have pseudo-intelligent tanks for doing
things like
>"hold this pass" or "do this suicide mission", but when it
comes to
>to working with footsoldiers I can't see a pseudo-intelligent
tank
>being in charge, there will be at least 1 human to override the
beast
>should it make a mistake.

1. Only overrule the computer if you know more than it does;
2. The computer always knows more than you do.

But if someone does need to be able to override the tank, why
cause problems by putting the human inside the tank?  Leave him
out and you can also leave out life support, ergonomic space,
and displays, lower the profile, use a harder suspension for
better accuracy, etc etc.  Park the human in a nice cozy bunker
somewhere.

Prev: Re: GZG ECC III - My limited perspective Next: I bet that one didn't make the quote list