Prev: Re: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP]

Re: NBC

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 11:26:31 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: NBC

On 25-Feb-00 at 18:05, sportyspam@harm.dhs.org (sportyspam@harm.dhs.org)
wrote:

>   Hmmm, another example might be tanks.  Someone was musing about
them.
> You have to figure, 150 years the AI is going to be pretty good, good
> enough that you won't need someone in the tank.

I don't know, the pattern recognition will be much better, possibly the
threat ranking will be better, but as far as I can tell there isn't
that much progress being made with respect to AI.  I don't think that
in 150 years you will have intelligent machines, and even if you do
would you put a self-aware, self-modifying machine in sole charge of
a super tank?  We humans seem to have an instinct dislike of anything
that smacks of Frankenstien.  I'm sorry, I don't like the idea that
the next step on the evolutionary ladder is a machine.

Roger

Prev: Re: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP]