Prev: RE: how do untreated casualties work? Next: Re: Top 10 Reasons Mardi Gras is Better Than GZG-ECC III

Re: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP]

From: Chris Connor <con9570@f...>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 00:31:06 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP]

sportyspam@harm.dhs.org wrote:

>   Well, I have to admit I have a pretty limited SG2 experience, maybe
20
> or so games, but from the games I've had...
>   3 small squads/side [or less] pretty much breaks down into who gets
> lucky/unlucky with the clear suppression rolls.
>   6 squads 4-10 members and a couple vehicles/side seem to be too
> dependant on dice rolls still.  A couple lucky penetrations on the
armor
> and maybe a squad advantage means the other side unlikly to be able to
> recover.  Spending a couple hours to have a game basically decided by
> couple 1's being rolled, and at non-critical times to boot, isn't
> really cheering.
>   We've had a lot of success with 8+ squads + armor/side.  I want to
play
> an 18 squads [100 infantry] + armor /side game to see how it goes.
>
>   Thats my impression anyway, others in the same games might have had
> different impressions...  I guess it depends on who rolled those '1s'.
 :)

I think 4-6 squads aside with a bit of support and armor seems about
right, to
many more squads slows the game so much that you only get about 1 turn
an hour.
with that few squads I do admit it is hard to recover from mistakes made
earlier
on in the game but it is realistic.  I've found that even bad die rolls
are
reasonably easy to recover from. one thing that always helps, never ever
ever
send in a single squad at a single target.  never leave a squad by
itself unless
you plan to use it as a reserve.

Prev: RE: how do untreated casualties work? Next: Re: Top 10 Reasons Mardi Gras is Better Than GZG-ECC III