Prev: [DSII] GEV Cybertanks Next: Re: [DSII] Fortress Figures tanks

Re: [DSII] Fortress Figures tanks

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 15:58:59 EST
Subject: Re: [DSII] Fortress Figures tanks

In a message dated 2/26/00 11:15:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
john1x@hotmail.com writes:

> The Fast Hovertanks are my favorite 1/300 tank models, bar none.  They

paint
>  up wonderfully well, you get 20 of them for $10.00, and it's pretty
easy
>  remove the gun and make an AA tank out of them.  They are about 3/4"
long,
>  and again have a very low profile.
>
>  The Hover APCs (also 20 for $10.00) are good general purpose APCs.
They
are

>  a lot taller than either of the tanks, and the sensor dome on the
back
>  increases this even further.  In the original castings, thse had the
highest

>  perecentage of bad castings -- mismolded fronts and backs, usually --
but
>  none of them were beyond salvaging.	The APC is armed only with a
small
top
>  mounted MG

I second the recommendation for these figures.	I use tons of the APC
and
fast hover tanks.  And they are easy to convert.  Most of my APC no
longer
have the dome, some are now MRLS-carriers, and a couple are
ADV-equipped.  As
for the fast hover tanks, I've converted a couple into engineering
vehicles
and am thinking about other conversions, but they'll have to wait while
paint up some more SG2 figures.

Rob

Londo	    "I'm sorry.  Here, open my wrists."
Garibaldi   "Centauri don't have major arteries in their wrists."
Londo	    "Of course we don't.  What do you think, I am stupid?"

Prev: [DSII] GEV Cybertanks Next: Re: [DSII] Fortress Figures tanks