Prev: Re: Final Uploads for GZG-ECC III Next: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 12:26:04 -0500
Subject: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:20:10 -0500, Michael Sarno <msarno@ptdprolog.net>
wrote:

>Chris Connor wrote:
>
>> I always figured that the gun was picked in the re-org because that
when you
>> would treat the wounded guy whose weapon you were picking up.  If
your buddy
>> is lying there dying what are you going to do first?
>
>    You're going to grab his weapon and start returning fire.	That's
what
>soldiers are taught today.  I don't see any reason why that will change
in the
>future.

Technically, taking the rules as given, there's nothing stating that you
can
pick up a weapon used by a guy who was wounded or killed. In fact,
during a
convention game one side was ecstatic that a missile launcher guy was
killed
and we got into a discussion based on what the rules said.

However, I agree fully with you, which is why grabbing a lost weapon was
the
first house rule I ever developed. Some scenarios are almost unwinnable
due to
flukey casualties, so I state this is a scenario specific rule quite
often

Gee, something else we agree with! *L*.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: Final Uploads for GZG-ECC III Next: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?