Prev: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q) Next: Re: Musings

Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 00:16:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:40:53 -0800 (PST), Brian Burger
<yh728@victoria.tc.ca>
wrote:

>It's still berzerking (esp. for PA) but the Cmd officer types are
putting
>a lot of effort into making this one unit thunder onward. Six is also
only
>theoretical - bad die rolls on Comm checks happen, and ECM is always
>entertaining. (In a game big enough to have CoyCmd on-table, I'd expect
at
>least a couple of ECM techs somewhere...)

It also assumes that the enemy is letting this happen. A suppression
result or
two can slow up this squad. This, in fact, is a good reason to allow the
split
fire of squads for suppression purposes. (There was another thread
recently
where allowing a squad to split its fire -- so that half the squad fired
at a
unit then the other half of the squad fired at the same unit -- was
considered
"cheesy". This tactic decreases the likelihood of casualties but
increases the
likelihood of suppression.) The only way to slow down this fast moving,
berzerk squad is to put lots of suppression on it.

My personal preference in SG2 is to reward success, not failure. If a
squad
gets a couple of suppression markers on it, I will usually look
elsewhere on
the battlefield for a squad to be activated by a leader. Especially if
ECM
will make the transfer of the action to the suppressed unit a crap shoot
anyway.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q) Next: Re: Musings