Prev: Re: Radar, sonar and more Next: Re: Radar, sonar and more

Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:22:23 -0500
Subject: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

"Glover, Owen" wrote:

> Just adressing one point here....someone made a suggestion about
> whether Greens may not carry on with the SAW but Regs and above could
> is very valid. The TRAINING to pick up the Support weapon/Section MG
> whatever is there but the reality is much different. For one thing the
> fact that the Section Gun has attracted a WHOLE lot of attention to
> get hit will dissuade many inexperienced or less courageous young
> soldiers from taking the initiative and getting the weapon back in
> action......
>
> So a test or some such for Greens is not unreasonable. Yes I know that
> Green is an Average of teh troops making up the squad! The Regs in a
> Green squad are probably the SL and Gunner....who just got it!

    I'd agree, a test for greens is not unreasonable.  It's probably
just a bit more detail than I'd like, but I wouldn't think it was a bad
house rule.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"Tradition refuses to submit to the small and
 arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen
 to be walking about."
 -G.K. Chesterton

Prev: Re: Radar, sonar and more Next: Re: Radar, sonar and more