Prev: Re: NBC Next: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

Re: [SG] at 15mm

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:53:11 +0000
Subject: Re: [SG] at 15mm

Allan Goodall wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:36:50 +0000, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
wrote:

> >The 15mm Command Decision (historical) stuff is quoted as being
1/100,
> >which I reckon is pretty close for 15mm in general.
>
> For my 15mm games, I'm using Roco Minitanks. I used Marders with the
treads on
> them as APCs and kitbashed Marders (these are the Bundeswehr Marders)
and
> latest mark Leopard IIs for grav APCs and grav tanks respectively.
There are
> 1/87 vehicles but do NOT look bad beside 15mm figures. Close enough
for
> government work...

My 15mm Tabletop Games marines ride to battle in a huge fleet of
converted
Matchbox Humber armoured cars (a toy shop near where I used to work sold
them off
at 50p each - so I bought about thirty). I've built APCs, mortar
carriers, a
flamethrower carrier, an ambulance, command version (fitted with the
frame aerial
off an early-war German armoured car), support versions (a bit like the
short 75mm
carrying Hanomags) and even a bridgelayer ! Their heavy armour consists
of several
converted Roco Bradleys with beefed-up main armament and add-on armour.
Air
support is a 1/144 stealth plane (the inaccurate curvy F-19) and a
heavily
converted 1/144th Mi-28 Havoc (rotors removed and wings added from the
tail of a
1/72nd A-7 Corsair). The Orbital Insertion company travels in Imai
Eagles (bought
before they shot up in price).

Their Redemptionist Rebel opposition (Tabletop Games Laserburn again)
have two or
three APCs (Roco 50's era German Spz12s) and a couple of tracked tank
hunters
(Roco Jaeger Kanone, with armament replaced by guns from old plastic GW
titans).

Tony

Prev: Re: NBC Next: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?