Prev: Re: Honor Harrington: New Book Next: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

Re: NBC

From: sportyspam@h...
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 01:14:55 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: NBC

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 Popeyesays@aol.com wrote:

> "So, what we have tried to do with STARGRUNT II is to produce a system
for
> simlating SF actions where the ordinary soldiers are not too unlike
those
> tramping across the battlefield of yesterday or today . . "
>
> A couple of KG of nanites might win a war - but its damned poor
gaming.

  Heh.	Not true, it just wouldn't be the WWII with lasers that you want
to play.  :)
  Seriously though, this is supposed to be SF, but everyone on this list
seems to be doing their best to make it exactly like WWII.  People
aren't
talking about combat in low gravity, but how encumbering cold weather
gear
is.  They aren't talking about terminator robots slaughtering their way
through squads [okay, the Daleks come close LMAO], but if mines should
do
blah because they do in WWII, etc. etc.
  I'm all for having people running around on the battlefield despite
how
utterly unrealistic that is.  I don't feel any need to 'identify' with
the
models on the board, but most people feel more comfortable with little
people on the table instead of robots or what have you, but I want to
play
a sci-fi game, not a WWII game with the names of the weapons changed
slightly.
  The point I'm trying to make is, instead of ripping off some weapon
from
WWII, rip off some weapon from Terminator or Ghost In The Shell or Gal
Force.	Instead of trying to make the rule fit with some grunt in the
vietnam war, make it cool, make it sexy, make it high-tech.  Heh.  Make
it
fun.

  Dare I mention this, but anyone have rules for Starcraft forces?  :)

Prev: Re: Honor Harrington: New Book Next: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?