Prev: Re: NBC Next: Honor Harrington: New Book

Re: SG : Scales

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:41:06 -0500
Subject: Re: SG : Scales

At 09:11 AM 2/24/00 +1000, you wrote:

>Hmmmm, last time I checked, my 25mm stuff didn't scale very well with
my
>1/72 models. The closest I have to 25mm in models are 1/48 aircraft. In
>my mind's eye I think 15mm scales better to 1/72. But someone else may
>be a better judge (at least until I can find some time to compare my
1/72
>with some 15mm  ;-)
>Mk
><<<
>
>There are 1/48 scale vehicals out there which do scale well with GZG
25mm.
15mm
>would scale well with 1/72, but there is bugger all out there for SciFI
(unless
>you are willing to use  WWII tanks.

I've got two models buried somewhere in my "Someday I'll actually use
this"
pile, which I purchased specifically for SGII purposes.  One is a 1/48th
scale Testors "Stealth Helicopter", which looks very weird and science
fictiony.  The other is a very strange model...a Monogram "Eagle Lunar
Explorer", which can be built as either 1/4th or 1/144th.  It's a VTOL,
armed with a Vulcan cannon and rockets; really quite cool looking.

In both cases, the pilots are pretty darned close to 25mm scale.  Close
enough for my purposes, at least.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: NBC Next: Honor Harrington: New Book