Prev: Re: Georgia in winter Next: Re: [SG] at 15mm

Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:42:47 -0500
Subject: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:31:35 -0500, adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca wrote:

>We play that the GMS/P gunners carry the same ranged weapon as the
squad
>they are with, irrespective of what the model has on it.  Keeps things
>simple, and I think, perfectly "realistic".

We play that the GMS/P guy is not carrying a ranged weapon other than
the
GMS/P. He's too busy looking for targets of opportunity to switch
weapons back
and forth.

>Now a question related to this that we should also look at (if it
hasn't
>been before some time), is what happens to the GMS/P when the trooper
>carrying it is shot.  Right now, we take the fig off the table and the
>weapon is gone.

In my house rule, that I THINK I submitted for inclusion in the scenario
book,
we allow a reorg action to allow another squad member to pick up that
weapon.
However, this is only allowed in armies with cross-training. Untrained
(and
optionally Green) squads can't do this.

I think I also toyed with a roll on the weapon during a reorg action. A
roll
of a 1 indicated the weapon was useless.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: Georgia in winter Next: Re: [SG] at 15mm