Prev: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs? Next: RE: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:40:04 -0500
Subject: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

Ludo Toen wrote:

> You could include support weapon recovery a part of a reorganise
action.

    I'd have to argue rather heavily against the reorganize action here.
 Soldiers
are presently trained to drop their own rifles and pick up the support
weapon if the
guy carrying it goes down.  I don't that's going to change in the
future.  In a turn
that last around 5 minutes, the enemy is not even going to notice that
the gunner
went down, unless they actually put the weapon out of commission.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"Tradition refuses to submit to the small and
 arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen
 to be walking about."
 -G.K. Chesterton

Prev: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs? Next: RE: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?