Prev: RE: Gothic Thrust anyone Next: Re: Submunition Mines

RE: Submunition Mines

From: "Andrew Apter" <andya@s...>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:33:54 -0500
Subject: RE: Submunition Mines

 -----Original Message-----
From:	owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
[mailto:owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU]
On Behalf Of Oerjan Ohlson
Sent:	Tuesday, February 22, 2000 1:14 PM
To:	gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Subject:	Re: Submunition Mines

>> > I think that if you alter the basic mechanic (no re-rolls) then it
>makes
>> > them too complex. KISS.
>>
>>I disagree.  Existing mines are bomb pumped beams, and get a re-roll,
>>but are affected by screens.	SBM mines would not get a re-roll, but
>>would not be affected by screens.

>SubMunition Packs get re-rolls (see FB1 page 12) <shrug>

We might have some fun seeing just what we can cram into a mine:

Beam mines
Submunition Mines
Torpedo Mines	Fires a one shot torp at any ship that gets within 4"
Dummy mines   sits there and looks like a mine
Wave gun mine	just put the circles around the mine but do not move
them
write down how close something has to get to set it off
Scatter Gun Mine  --  Ouch
180 degree Scatter Gun Mine  (this side toward enemy)
Anti fighter mine  PDS
Sensor Satellites
Missile platforms
And sleeper fighters for bio-ships

In all cases mines have a more limited range to detect a target then the
ships weapon.

Prev: RE: Gothic Thrust anyone Next: Re: Submunition Mines