Prev: Re: [SG] at 15mm Next: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

Re: Submunition Mines

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 02:26:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Submunition Mines

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> Why not make it "sizable:" small, medium, and large. Each do 1, 2 and
3d6
> of submunitions damage respectively. Otherwise they act exactly as a
> submunitions pack.
>
> I think that if you alter the basic mechanic (no re-rolls) then it
makes
> them too complex. KISS.

Question:  How does it make the game mechanic more complex by dropping
the
rerolls?
IMHO it should make it simpler...just roll the dice(s) once, and read
off the
result...

> For that matter, we could even do a mine design system, so you could
load
> your small, medium, or large mines with whatever weapons load you
wanted.
> Hmmmmm, I think I see a project coming in the distance ;-)
>
> Schoon

Ooo!  A cool new weapon!  (Might get into fractional numbers though...)

How about the laying ship's velocity? Would layed mines drift following
the
laying ship's vector?
Or would they "stay put".  Or should the laying ship come to a stop to
keep
the mines from drifting?

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: [SG] at 15mm Next: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?