Prev: RE: NBC Warfare Next: Re: Submunition Mines

Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:36:55 -0500
Subject: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca wrote:

> Now a question related to this that we should also look at (if it
hasn't
> been before some time), is what happens to the GMS/P when the trooper
> carrying it is shot.	Right now, we take the fig off the table and the
> weapon is gone.  That makes sense if the trooper carrying it was
> obliterated by some kind of powerful weapon, but if he was just shot,
why
> would his buddies leave their tank killer on the ground?  I know the
game
> is an abstraction and for playability purposes we keep it simple, but
has
> anyone addressed this with a house rule?

    The way we play it, if the trooper is KIA, anything he's carrying is
toast.
Otherwise, his equipment survives.  It's quick and dirty, but it works
well
enough.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"Tradition refuses to submit to the small and
 arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen
 to be walking about."
 -G.K. Chesterton

Prev: RE: NBC Warfare Next: Re: Submunition Mines