Prev: RE: (OTish) Starxhip Combat News Next: Re: Submunition Mines

Re: Submunition Mines

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 07:46:41 -0800
Subject: Re: Submunition Mines

>It works just like standard mines, except it does 2d6 of submunition
>damage (not as accurate as regular submunitions) instead of beam
>damage.  It penetrates screens, but does not get re-rolls on 6's...

Why not make it "sizable:" small, medium, and large. Each do 1, 2 and
3d6
of submunitions damage respectively. Otherwise they act exactly as a
submunitions pack.

I think that if you alter the basic mechanic (no re-rolls) then it makes
them too complex. KISS.

For that matter, we could even do a mine design system, so you could
load
your small, medium, or large mines with whatever weapons load you
wanted.
Hmmmmm, I think I see a project coming in the distance ;-)

Schoon

Prev: RE: (OTish) Starxhip Combat News Next: Re: Submunition Mines