Prev: Re: Where's the Cheese? Next: NBC Gear, Harsh Climate Gear, Vacc Suits, Etc

Re: NBC Gear, Harsh Climate Gear, Vacc Suits, Etc

From: sportyspam@h...
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:05:23 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: NBC Gear, Harsh Climate Gear, Vacc Suits, Etc

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Thomas.Barclay wrote:
> Quick thought for SG2: How does one quantify the difference between an
> unprotected (and unencumbered) trooper in SG2 and one who is
"protected"?
> This question probably really covers:
>	1) body armour
>	2) NBC gear
>	3) Harsh Climate Clothing
>	4) Vacc Suits

  Fighting the elements should be trivial to an advanced society.
Unless
they're getting tricky and fighting in the middle of a lava field as
astroids are raining down on them, or they're dueling in the atmosphere
of
a gas giant.
  Apply whatever drawbacks to armor you think appropriate to the
scenario.
One might be that the more hostile the environment, the less protection
it
provides as the likelyhood of enemys disrupting environmental protection
increases.  Although it would be easier in that case to simply increase
the effect roll on all damage, or count wounded as killed.

> But is should there be penalties for fighting "buttoned up"? Should
vacc
> suit users suffer penalties to ranged fire? movement? Any suggestions
in
> these areas would probably be of some interest to discuss.

  I'd assume vacc suits are like gortex today, innocous.  If you don't,
apply whatever penalty you think they should have.

Prev: Re: Where's the Cheese? Next: NBC Gear, Harsh Climate Gear, Vacc Suits, Etc