Prev: Re: DSII ADS Question Next: Re: Where's the Cheese?

Re: DSII ADS Question ummmm?

From: Jeremey Claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:34:55 +0000 ()
Subject: Re: DSII ADS Question ummmm?

Sorry bit confused by your reply.

> > Put simply can an ADS target missiles through smoke?

>Yes, if the smoke is vehicle smoke dischargers (unless it's armed with
GMS
>or HEL instead of RFAC, then no). Smoke from vehicle smoke dischargers
stops
>GMS and HEL fire and reduces other weapon's firecontrol dice type by
one
>step.
>No, if the smoke is artillery smoke. Artillery laid smoke blocks all
fire,
>except artillery fire (it lands on top!).
>Yes, if the smoke is from burning wrecks. Vehicles (and so burning
vehicles)
>don't block lines of sight and so don't block fire.

It was a question about whether the ADS system can detect the missiles
from behind smoke.
It was a question of differing systems. The ability of missile targeting
technology which is stopped
by smoke against the ADS's tracking system which doesn't appear to be.

If this was the case then the ADS vehicle could sit behind vehicle smoke
dischargers every round.
This would help it reduced the increased signature penalty with the
increased range band, stop all
enemy GMS and HEL fire against it and still allow it to protect vehicles
against missiles due to the
fact that it doesn't require an activation to do so.

Seems a bit powerful to me at this point.

Jeremey
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

Prev: Re: DSII ADS Question Next: Re: Where's the Cheese?