Prev: [SG2] Stargrunt FAQ Next: [slightly OT] Dressed to kill

Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 16:47:19 PST
Subject: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

Because the population of much of the Maritimes, from what I've studied,
is
predominantly Cletic to begin with.  I recently learned that there are,
for
instance, Dialects of the Irish Gaelic language still spoken in
Newfoundland
that have gone extinct in their native regions of Ireland.

As for the joining of the Celtic states, again, a lot depends on certain

events happening in real life to make it not only politically desirable,
but
also economically and militarily necessary.

Brian B

----Original Message Follows----
From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@university-college.oxford.ac.uk>

could someone explain this to me? why exactly would the maritimes seek
join up with the celtic british states? i'm not even sure that the
celtic
british states would join up amongst themselves, let alone want to hook
up
with ex-canadians (no offence to putative ex-canadians!). are there any
Scots, Irish or Welsh listers who would like to comment?

tom

Prev: [SG2] Stargrunt FAQ Next: [slightly OT] Dressed to kill