Prev: RE: Where's the Cheese? Next: Homeworld

Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

From: JohnDHamill@a...
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 00:16:07 EST
Subject: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

In a message dated 2/19/00 1:51:12 PM Central Standard Time,
john_t_leary@pronetusa.net writes:

<<     The economic value of the region is to important to the nation
 and world to allow this major producer of the worlds food to be allowed
 to 'return to nature'.   JTL >>

The trend is going on even as we speak. More grain is coming off of less

land, farmers are going out of business, and the amount of farmland in
those
areas under cultivation is decreasing. That is why there is a call in
the
environmental community to allow those farms given up to become, piece
by
piece, part of the national parks system, and to have a "super park" in
the
middle of the US, called the "Buffalo Commons". This has been forwarded
by
several groups, and one of the spokesman for the concept is Gen. (Ret)
Norman
Schwartzkopf. There is very little jump to allowing te Native Americans
take this land over, as sort of perpetual stewards, gining them a nation
in
fact, if not in name.

John
JohnDHamill@aol.com

Prev: RE: Where's the Cheese? Next: Homeworld