Prev: Re: DSII Cavalry Next: RE: Hey, has Geo-Hex gotten the molds for the UN ships?

Re: Great Quote

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:14:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Great Quote

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Brian Bilderback wrote:

> Or how about this one (The Englishmen out there may crucify me if I
> misquote.):
>
> "Next to a battle lost, I think the most terrible thing in the world
is a
> battle lost."
>			       - Wellington

Version I heard/half-remember was "The only thing more terrible than a
battle lost is a battle won."

Supposed to be said as he looked over the wreckage of Waterloo...

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-
   -"Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous."-
	 - from Terry Pratchett's 'Interesting Times' -