Prev: RE: Tracer Next: Re: DSII motorcycles/grav bikes

SG2 newbie Q

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 02:29:19 -0500
Subject: SG2 newbie Q

Greetings, Folks!

Well, it looks like we're getting quite a few folks interested in SG2 as
an
alternative to WH40K <eg>.  In the demo game tonight - my second - we
came
up with a couple of questions that weren't clear by the rules.

Question #1) Can a unit "split fire" against the *same* target in a turn
by
using both of its actions?

Situation: Blue Unit A is hunkered down In Position.  They fire all of
their small arms at the enemy Red Unit 1, then use their *second* action
fire the SAW at the same unit.	The difference between doing this split
fire and simply adding the SAW into the first roll is that it gives the
firing unit an extra die roll for the second attack.
(Quality+Firepower+SAW
vs Quality+Firepower with Quality+SAW as a second attack)

** I'd say not. Or at least, it seems cheesy. I'm not so hot on firing
the SAW separate from the squad... (after all, if your squad is engaging
a target, it isn't like the rifles fire... THEN the SAW fires... they
all fire at their appropriate rate from the minute the target is called
by the SL). If it is engaging another target, okay. Otherwise, I'd call
this cheesy. But maybe I'm alone in that opinion.

Question #2) Can a unit perform a Close Assault in the same turn that
they
have performed Ranged Fire?

Situation: Blue Unit B performs Ranged Fire against an enemy unit during

their normal activation.  Later in the turn, the Platoon Commander
passes
one of his actions to Blue Unit B, giving them a second activation in
the
same turn.  Can the Blue unit now perform a Close Assault, or does this
violate the "can only fire each weapon once per turn" rule?

** THAT one is a typo. The rules are meant to read (from the errata)
once per activation. So if your squad is reactivated, you can in fact
perform a whole new set of actions. This is one of those reasons some of
us limit a squad to one reactivation to avoid the supersquad
breakdancing their way across the board killing people if there happens
to be a few leader types present...

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

Homepage: http:\\fox.ntsn.ca\~kaladorn\index.html
ICQ: 58316640 (Tomin8tor)

"Ah. I see. Inform me if there is any change in his condition."
<hangs up the phone>
"How is he?"
"He's dead."
-- The movie Top Secret

Prev: RE: Tracer Next: Re: DSII motorcycles/grav bikes