Prev: RE: DSII motorcycles/grav bikes Next: Re: FT: Very new to this

Motorcycles and Grav Bikes for SG2

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:05:26 -0500
Subject: Motorcycles and Grav Bikes for SG2

Ah, how to run these....

My thoughts:
- Smaller and faster than a jeep or other size class 1 vehicles.
- Don't take hits well.
- Can mount some limited armament.

Sounds like a size 0.5 vehicle to me.

Characteristics:
Can mount 2 spaces of weaponry (2 SAWs, or a size class 1 weapon mounted
fixed)
Can mount fire control or weapon can be manually targetted.
Moves as a vehicle.  Dismount riders may Re-org to form a combat squad.
Fired at as if size class 1 with an additional penalty - fire at them as
if 1 RB further away
Treat as soft skinned vehicle for purposes of impact from heavy weapons
or small arms.
(This abstracts the fact the fairings may be armoured, but the sides
aren't.... it provides SOME limited
cover for the occupant.
If the vehicle is hit and penetrated, the crewman may of course have an
armour save.
Typically, move as vehicle (d12). If you want to be real nasty, you
might let them roll 3d4 instead - makes them a bit faster than other
vehicles in the game.
They can carry one crew man plus 1 passenger. If they carry a passenger,
shift their movement die down a die type to represent the encumberance
factor.

Just a thought. These make good couriers.

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

Homepage: http:\\fox.ntsn.ca\~kaladorn\index.html
ICQ: 58316640 (Tomin8tor)

"Ah. I see. Inform me if there is any change in his condition."
<hangs up the phone>
"How is he?"
"He's dead."
-- The movie Top Secret

Prev: RE: DSII motorcycles/grav bikes Next: Re: FT: Very new to this