Prev: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams - scattered comments to the debate Next: RE: RFACS

RE: RFACS

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:04:59 +1000
Subject: RE: RFACS

Hi Brian,

Artillery fire is different to small arms fire. As the good manual
states,
Enfilade fire is laying the axis of fire on the long axis of a target.
Why
enfilade? Because the passage of rounds will likely strike a subsequent
body
if it misses (sometimes even if it hits!) a previous body. Actually
quite
different to "walking" artillery/mortar fire along a target.

Cheers,

Owen G