Prev: Cosmic Clutter Next: Re: RFACS

Re: RFACS

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:16:11 PST
Subject: Re: RFACS

Here's another thought concerning the high fire rates of RFAC's and
small
MDC's, and Idea I proposed while chatting with Andrew Martin.  He had
some
valid (though not necessarily concrete) objections to it, but I'll still

throw it out to the wolves...

Currently, air attacks include missile attacks, DFO runs, and direct
fire
versus a single target.  Why not allow fighters to use RFAC's and light
MDC's to make strafing runs? Here's how I suggest it be done:

Each strafing run has a beaten zone shaped like a single line, 1 inch
long
per class of weapon. Everything on that line gets hit, but because of
the
dispersal of the fire over such a long line, only green chits are valid.

Brian Bilderback

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud