Prev: Re: Cop out... Next: Re: Roughnecks

Re: RFACS

From: Brian Quirt <baqrt@m...>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:22:21 -0400
Subject: Re: RFACS

Brian Bilderback wrote:
> I have to agree with good Mr. Barclay on this one.  Making RFAC's and
small
> MDC's more effective vs PBI's while retaining their usefulness vs.
vehicles
> seems like a step forward, not a step back.

Agreed. In fact, I was recently flipping through my SGII rulebook, when
I came across an interesting note. In the sample ESU force given in the
rulebook (p. 69), it mentions the "VK20 Assault Cannon (20mm)" as an
"RFAC/1 for PA suits." The VK20 is given a FIREPOWER of D10 and Impact
of D12. The use of FP instead of Firecontrol implies that it might be
usable as an anti-infantry weapon, and FPD10/Impact D12 is certainly
more than the "standard" values which have been quoted so far. Of
course, it may be just a typo (not that there are any typos in GZG
rulebooks...) but it also might mean that the RFAC/1 (and similar) are
more effective against infantry than implied in the Heavy Weapons
section of the rulebook.

I would certainly be willing to just go with that example and give the
RFAC/1 D10/D12 vs. infantry- at least if it seems reasonable to everyone
else....

-Brian Quirt

Prev: Re: Cop out... Next: Re: Roughnecks