Prev: Re: FT strikeboats Next: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams - scattered comments to the debate

Re: FT Strikeboats

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:28:14 EST
Subject: Re: FT Strikeboats

I hate bringing in an unarmed tender.  That's a lot of points
doing nothing.	My tenders aren't quite as armed as his, but they
can take on any destroyer sized ships.	I would have run the tender
with the battlewagons.	If the enemy wants to waste firepower on a
tender while my heavies are engaging him then let him.

Oh, another reason I prefer to put FTL on my strike boats is that it
gives
me more flexibility in choosing my fleet.  With a tender you're stuck
expending X amount of points for the tender and all the boats it can
carry.
Now, if the FTL drives were more massive or expensive (like Traveller's
jump drive+fuel space), then the battle rider concept has more merit.

Glen
------
----------------------------------
>From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@sprintmail.com>
>
>Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
> >I had to mass 180 tenders and 36 mass 10 gunboats.
>
> The tenders must've carried some light armament, but they can't have
> had very much.

Not true.  They could of eaten any CA alive...	4xTorps w/ 3 arcs, 2x
Class
2 360's, 2x Class 1 360's, 3x FC, 1x ADFC, 6x PDAF, weak hulls, 2x
Screens,
9x Armor, Sup. Sensors, FTL+ (for the boats), and a thrust of 2.
------

Prev: Re: FT strikeboats Next: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams - scattered comments to the debate