Prev: Re: [SG] Hand to Hand combat Next: Re: RFACs - Adrian's Idea

Re: More RFACs

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 08:27:30 PST
Subject: Re: More RFACs

Well, it looks like I'm taking the plunge feet-first into the
discussion.  I
heartily agree that the rules make RFAC's doo damn weak  against
infantry.
Along the same lines, I also think that, given their deadliness against
aircraft, ZADS' firing direct against ground targets should be
considered
something beefier than an RFAC2. And if you're going to come up with new
or
house rules to increase the power of RFAC's vs infantry, you should
probably
apply the same rules to MDC 1's and 2's, since it's my understanding
that
they also use small shell mass/high fire volume to do their damage.
Here's a
suggestion: when firing in ranged combat, keep the rules as they are,
since
vehicle weapons don't have to aim at infantry (for the RFAC's and MDC's
in
question, this would represent the tactic of hosing down the target
area).
However, treat all color chits as valid, and at short range double the
damage. When in close assault, things should get a little nastier. Allow

RFAC's and MDC 1's and 2's to fire along with the APSW's, essentially
treating them as larger APSW's.  Draw 4 chits for a RFAC or MDC 1, and 5

chits for a RFAC or MDC 2. Use close assault damage validities.

As for the ADS', I suggest The following:  When firing direct with it's
radar off, treat a Basic ADS as either a dual mount RFAC 1 or a single
RFAC
2. Treat an Enhanced ADS as a triple mount RFAC 1 or a dual mount RFAC
2,
and treat a Superior ADS as a quad RFAC 1 or a triple mount RFAC 2.

By the way, is there anyone out there who lives in the San Diego CA area

who'd like to play some DS II with me?

Brian Bilderback

Prev: Re: [SG] Hand to Hand combat Next: Re: RFACs - Adrian's Idea