Prev: Strike Boats... Next: Re: [Convention]

Re: Strike Boats...

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 07:11:38 -0800
Subject: Re: Strike Boats...

>Fought a 4,000 point battle last night.  I had to mass 180 tenders and
>36 mass 10 gunboats.  I used two types of guns, based on the same mass
>10 hull and cost 37 points each (including weapons).  No FTL, Thrust of
>4, 1 hull, 1 armor, 1 FC, and 1 PDAF (wasted, he had no fighters).
Torp
>varrient had one single arc pulse trop.  The other had two needle
>beams.  DO NOT USE NEEDLE BEAMS.

I'd say that generally anti-fighter weapons are wasted on stikeboat, as
are
any weapons that don't do ALOT of damage. They need to deliver a nasty
payload to be effective.

The Thrust of 4 seems low to me. I think that they would have been more
effective with more maneuverability. Does this match with what you saw
in
this battle?

Schoon

Prev: Strike Boats... Next: Re: [Convention]