Prev: Re: FT: Very new to this Next: More RFACs

RFACS

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 01:32:44 -0500
Subject: RFACS

Adrian say:
For the bigger guns, if you're trying to aim your 30mm cannon, using a
basic fc, it probably isn't very "nimble" in it's mountings - and
shooting
at dodging/weaving infantry would be difficult.

I reply:
Except basic FC for 2183 should be like super advanced for now, and I've
seen a PIVAD (Product Improved Vulcan Air Defence) system traverse
across a line of infantry (plywood) and vehicles (real) and rip them to
shreds. It didn't take a lot of aim with that much lead downrange. The
gun literally sounds like a ripsaw... no way to tell individual bullet
firings from one another just one long buzz. And anything in the area it
points is history. It is a profligate user of ammo.... but even with
absolutely crappy FC, it's still be a hell of a lot deadlier than one
human fired SAW.... and it isn't.... in the rules as the stand.

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

Homepage: http:\\fox.ntsn.ca\~kaladorn\index.html
ICQ: 58316640 (Tomin8tor)

"Ah. I see. Inform me if there is any change in his condition."
<hangs up the phone>
"How is he?"
"He's dead."
-- The movie Top Secret

Prev: Re: FT: Very new to this Next: More RFACs