Prev: RE: Kind of humorous - the future of policing? The future of USAF wea pons systems? Next: Weapons interface conundra - SG2

Re: FT: Very new to this

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:18:42 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: FT: Very new to this

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:56:47 +0100 Eric Finney <eric.finney@dis.uu.se>
wrote:

> My name is Eric Finney and I live in Uppsala, Sweden.

Welcome! Oerjan should probably answer this <g>, but I got in first...

> I just got (about ten minutes ago) FT2 and a starter fleet, 6x2
ships for NSL/FSE.

Ah, Euro Wars in space... <g>

> All fine and good, BUT on the paper with "new stuff Jan 2000" it says
More Thrust is out of print. So my question is, do I need MT? <

You don't _need_ it. FT is self-contained; MT merely (?) adds more and
different systems which you may see mentioned here from time to time,
but you can have a lot of fun just with the basic rules.

> And what about the Fleet Book? It sounds good to have all the ships
data... <

Now, the FB is worth getting, because it not only adds some more
systems to the game, gives you the "official" ship designs (which,
IIRC, don't use much, if anything, from MT, so you needn't worry about
that) and provides you with a new (optional) movement system, but the
ship design rules have been significantly changed.

> I'm sure to get back to You with more questions later, but now I'm
leaving work early to go home and prime my new ships. <

Yes, much more fun than working... <g

Phil, who has far too many minis to paint at present... ain't it great!
"We gotta get out into Space / If it's the last thing we ever do!"
   -- Return to the Forbidden Planet
A sentiment echoed by Phil Atcliffe (Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)