Prev: Re: [SG] Hand to Hand combat Next: Re: Kravak Scenario idea

Re: FT: Strikeboat design

From: "Christopher Pratt" <valen@g...>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 06:43:42 -0500
Subject: Re: FT: Strikeboat design

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Bayan Schoonmaker" <schoon@aimnet.com>
To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2000 11:18 PM

> >Of course, an armor-skipping weapon will kill you pretty
> >quick-several weapons do "1/2 armor 1/2 hull" so there's no
> >point loading up all that much armor (unless your opponent is
> >Beams-Only and you're not using rerolls).
>
> Excellent point. 1 point would then be the max for the 1 Hull box
ship.

> Schoon

One thing to keep in mind is that we are still talking about a ship with
2
or 3 damage point capacity.  Most of the weapons that do half hull/ half
armor would be massive overkill (i.e. salvo missiles) on this kind of
ship

later
chris

For me, when I look at the world, I see that social change is driven by
emergent technologies. And emergent technologies are almost NEVER
legislated
into emerging -- they just emerge. Consequently, social change is out of
control, and it doesn't actually seem to work very well unless we ALLOW
it
to be out of control. When we allow it to be out of control, we end up
with
something like the Internet... -- William Gibson

Prev: Re: [SG] Hand to Hand combat Next: Re: Kravak Scenario idea