Prev: Re: Hand to Hand combat Next: Re: New Station Model available

RE: Strikeboat Mass(big gun with engines)

From: "Sutherland" <nma@k...>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:38:45 +0900
Subject: RE: Strikeboat Mass(big gun with engines)

> >It seems that the real difficulty in designing a strike boat is that
they
> >must achieve short range to be effective.  Granted it would no longer
be
> >considered a strikeboat but what about a class 4 beam weapon on a 30
mass
> >hull?

SNIP
	low hull
	fighters
	Arcs
SNIP

	First if there were no counters to any specific ship design it
would not be
the great game that it is.
	This would be a ship with a definite mission profile.  I dont
think anyone
would take an entire fleet of one type of ship and if they do they are
probably trying to exploit a loop-hole or power-game.  This ship would
be a
good addition to a fleet for killing off the BJ's of a fleet before
engaging.  There is nothing stopping you from pointing the class 4 out
the
aft side and doing the circle of death.  As we play mostly vector
movement
we have a slightly different design philosphy.	We also like to take
well
rounded fleets into battle.  You never know what you will meet or what
will
happen when the protons and ions start flying.

					That Chuk Guy

Prev: Re: Hand to Hand combat Next: Re: New Station Model available