Prev: Re: FT: Strikeboat design Next: Re: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG

Re: More HBW stuff.

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:18:36 -0800
Subject: Re: More HBW stuff.

>Option A. Be able to fire the BPS's capacity. ie. class 2 BE and class
2 BPS.
>	(maximum 4 dice in one turn)
>Option B. Be able to fire the BPS's recharge. ie.class 1 BE and class 2
BPS.
>	(maximum 2 dice in one turn)

I see and agree with everything so far, but you lost me here. Can you
explain Opt. A and B better for me.

One BE could not be attached to 2 BPSs as my vesion of the rules
currently
read.

>The main thing with HBW's is their versatility. A Class 3 beam battery,
is
>always a class 3 battery. But an options A. class 3 HBW can choose to
>be a class 1 or 2 hbw for a while so it can be a class 4 or 5 or 6 hbw
>later on.

Agreed, and that's why I like the flavor.

>a:	limit the ship to one BPS

I was thinking of the other way around; limit BEs attached to any given
BPS

>b:	some sort of damage penalty for thresholds on BE's or BPS's
>	or both.

This was being discussed, and currently the second threshold failure
causes
a number of damage points equal to the EPs stored in the system.

Schoon

Prev: Re: FT: Strikeboat design Next: Re: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG