Prev: Re: my web page of SSDs Next: Re: FT: 2 ships from TV

Morale (Cumulative Losses and wounded) SG2

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:43:19 -0500
Subject: Morale (Cumulative Losses and wounded) SG2

Cumulative Losses don't seem to affect morale. I find this troubling. I
have
seen squads that roll well and lose 1 figure at a time have 1/8th of
previous strength and have decent morale. That offends. The cascading
morale
solution isn't - that only works if rolls are blown. It doesn't increase
the
odds of blowing one based on cumulative losses.

Here is a suggestion for factoring it in (results are by motivation
Lo/Med/Hi):
Unit losses reach 25%	(+1/+0/NTR)
Unit losses reach 50%	(+3/+2/+1)
Unit losses reach 75%	(+5/+4/+2)

(And yes, these are harsh! but in the real world, a unit that takes 10%
casualties can easily be out of combat... 25% is nasty, and 50% is
apocalyptic - units that fight on in these circumstances are incredibly
tough or motivated)

Also, someone brought up a question about whether un-treated wounded
force a
check every round. Initially, I thought not. On re-reading, it seems
everything in the list (whether with a TL or TL modifier) requires a
check.
Is this a correct interpretation? And do I (as I assume) remove the need
for
this check once the unit abandons its wounded?

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Re: my web page of SSDs Next: Re: FT: 2 ships from TV