Prev: OT FS/FT Space Fleet & Traveller Starship Miniatures Next: Re: web page options for showing SSDs?

Translation Help (English-French)

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 21:20:55 -0500
Subject: Translation Help (English-French)

Hi list! <addressing the composite personality of the list as if it was
one
being...>

I have some terms I'm using for some equipment names, and I'd like to
run
them past this inestimable (literally) audience and see if anyone has
any
suggestions. They are my lame-ass french translations of a few english
concepts/equipment names. I have probably hooched genders,
noun-adjective
gender agreements, and missed accents.

I'm all ears.... (J'ecoute!)

Assault Rifle: Fusil Automatiq Leger (FAL)

LMG/SAW: Mitrailleuse Miniature (Minimi)

Infantry Flamer: Projecteur, Flamme, Individuel (PFI)

Marksmans Rifle: Fusil de Tireur (FT)

GMS: System, Missile, Personnel (SMP)

Body Armour: System, Protective, Personnel (SPP)

Powered Armour: Proces Alimete Blinde (PAB)

6x6 AIFV: Vehicle, Alimente, Infanterie (VAI-20)

If anyone can offer better/alternate ideas, you can reach me on-list or
off-list as kaladorn@home.com

Murky Buckets! (Merci Beaucoup Mes Amis et Amies.)

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: OT FS/FT Space Fleet & Traveller Starship Miniatures Next: Re: web page options for showing SSDs?