Prev: RE: remove me Next: Re: remove me

Re: FT: 2 ships from TV

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 9:31:00 -0500
Subject: Re: FT: 2 ships from TV

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 02/09/00 05:44AM >>>
>No arguments about the not-XL-5, but how close is the Confederation
>ship to the Galactica? I have an Irregular ship that is very similar to

>the BG in general configuration, but quite different in detail --
>much skinnier landing bay pylons (and only 2 of them), "gun turrets" on

>either side of the nose, etc. If this is the same ship, then it always
>struck me as being more like an earlier generation of Battlestar --
>slightly smaller and with older technology. But it would make a good
>escort/support ship for a Galactica-type Battlestar; now, if only the
>Comet mini was bigger...
>Phil, wondering if there is a nice manufacturer out there who'd do,
>say, a 100mm long not-Galactica... <g>

Superior Starfleets has a large ship that somewhat resembles a
battlestar.
It is the Polecat, a Carnivore Super Galactic Dreadnought.  Has a much
larger engine section than a battlestar and the mini is quite large, but

very detailed.

http://www.stellargames.com/SGD.htm

There's always the Comet miniatures battlestar too, which is in a good
scale
for FT, but lacks detail and has some symetrical flaws.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re