Prev: Re: Ok I give up (Camouflage Needed) Next: Re: Sandbagged APCs?

Re: Sandbagged APCs?

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 09:04:09 -0500
Subject: Re: Sandbagged APCs?

"Glover, Owen" wrote:

> Some purists may argue that the sandbags didn't really reduce risk of
> injury just lessened the likelihood of fatal injury. Essentially the
> sandbags became massive spall lining. Concussive effect was still
> considerable; like running into a building or tree stump at 40kph;
> lost of broken bones could still occur but at least limbs would still
> be attached!
>
> Personally I'd go with the die shift!

    I agree with your assessment.  It's not exactly realistic, but it's
close enough.  I just don't see another way to handle it as easily and
get results that are believable.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"Tradition refuses to submit to the small and
 arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen
 to be walking about."
 -G.K. Chesterton

Prev: Re: Ok I give up (Camouflage Needed) Next: Re: Sandbagged APCs?