Prev: RE: [SG DS] Tactics Next: Re: HBW. My input

RE: No Munchkin Zone

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 14:38:24 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: RE: No Munchkin Zone

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Bell, Brian K wrote:

> From: devans@uneb.edu [SMTP:devans@uneb.edu]
>
> > Was gzg-l ever declared a no-munchkin zone?
>
> I hope not.
<snip/>
>   4. The mailing list. I point out that this mailing list is a great
> educational resource. I have seen discussions on probability, physics,
> history, psychology, astronomy, literature and other topics. Also,
this list
> carries a VERY LOW noise to signal ratio (flames to content). My hat's
off
> to all the fine people who continue to make this list TRUELY valuable.

agreed. somehow, the list seems to be self-selecting against
munchkinism;
perhaps it's the quality of the games, perhaps it's the player
demographics; i think a lot of it is that munchkinism cannot survive in
an
envirnoment filled with sensible, mature gamers, which is pretty much
what
GZG-L is.

tom

Prev: RE: [SG DS] Tactics Next: Re: HBW. My input