Prev: Re: [FT-RPG] Careers Next: Re: Australia in July

[SG DS] Tactics

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 20:59:41 +1300
Subject: [SG DS] Tactics

Chris wrote (in another thread):
> I would like to start a discussion on tactics, stuff like how to use
artillery properly, how to use tanks and IFVs properly and how to use
infantry.
>I've recently learned how to exploit peoples mistakes.  Such as sending
in
squads unsupported at me, and then me hitting him from two sides.  I
killed
an entire power armor platoon with two infantry squads and two PA
squads.
>I want to know how to use all the different resources and how to make
people make mistakes. I would appreciate a discussion about this, and I
hope
others will too.

How to make people make mistakes:
    Make them nervous.
    Tell them to rely on luck (implying their skill is low).
    Get them to focus on one thing that doesn't matter (implying that it
does matter).
    Give them bait, and watch them take it. (poisoned bait).
    Have theme music, and play it loudly during their turns :-).

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
-><-

Prev: Re: [FT-RPG] Careers Next: Re: Australia in July