Prev: Re: "Tanks, for the Memories" Next: MAV (was Re: "Tanks, for the Memories")

Re: [FTFB] ADFC ;-)

From: "Denny Graver" <den_den_den@t...>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 02:08:52 -0000
Subject: Re: [FTFB] ADFC ;-)

>It looks like you are confusing the ADAF (PDAF with enhanced fire
control)
>from FT2 with the ADFC from the FB since you switch back and forth in
what
>you reference.

Yes - in name only. My eyes slid to the light text on P.7 ;)

>The ADFC is an Area Defense *Fire Control* and effects how PDS fire,
the
>ADFC, being a fire control, does not fire anything itself so it can't
fire
>at ships.

Bad phrasing on my part. Should be: Can ADFC be used to allow PDS to
fire in
antiship mode ?

The PDS fire.  The PDS can Fire at Ships. The ADFC allows PDS to target
threats.

>If you are asking if as a fire control, an ADFC can target ships for
other
>weapons like beam batteries when all normal firecons are gone, I would
say
>no since they wouldn't usually get firing solutions from the ADFC plus
it
>would only have a very limited range.

In this example, I agree, but I am not referring to targeting beam
batteries
here, only PDS.  Range would be as for fighters attacking (ie. you would
have to be within 6" of a friendly ship being attacked by a ship within
6"
of its target.	This would also have to occur after being attacked by
ship x
(as you can only target fighters or missiles which are attacking).

Prev: Re: "Tanks, for the Memories" Next: MAV (was Re: "Tanks, for the Memories")