Prev: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you Next: RE: Modelling Q and a big thank you

Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 17:01:07 EST
Subject: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you

dlonnon@frii.com
writes:

<<  Look for the ones with the small hole (they
 have a special name but I don't recall what it is).   >>

Muffler Washers - though a little putty will fill in the holes on a
standard
washer AND add a little bit to the weight. I always stick infnatry
figures
down with white glue BECAUSE it's EASY to get them off when you
inevitably
have to re-base. White glue to stick them down, I use "Tacky" Glue from
the
craft shop where I buy my acrylic paints in the tole paint department at
as
little as .50/ for four to eight ounce bottles You really can create
just
about any color on a pallet if you try. But use one coat of glue to
stick
them down and once the miniature is finished another thick coat to flock
and
disguise the figure base and I have yet to have one come off of a
well-stored
base. ( I have lost a lot of bases from my old REvell 1/72nd miniatures
which
I use heavily for Napoleonics, ECW and Moderns - though not so badly on
the
multi-figure stands which I put on matting board.

Prev: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you Next: RE: Modelling Q and a big thank you