Prev: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you Next: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you

RE: [FTFB] ADAF

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 15:45:41 -0600
Subject: RE: [FTFB] ADAF

> Can ADFC be used in antiship mode ?
> I ask not from a need to be cheesy, but from a re-reading of the rules
(on
> FB page 7, 12).
>
> PDS may be used in anti-ship mode, and ADAF allow PDS to react to
> any number
> of threats - any ship firing at a friendly ship within 6" of the ADAF
> constitutes a threat which can be targeted, and anti-ship mode does
not
> require use of a firecon.

It looks like you are confusing the ADAF (PDAF with enhanced fire
control)
from FT2 with the ADFC from the FB since you switch back and forth in
what
you reference.

The ADFC is an Area Defense *Fire Control* and effects how PDS fire, the
ADFC, being a fire control, does not fire anything itself so it can't
fire
at ships.

If you are asking if as a fire control, an ADFC can target ships for
other
weapons like beam batteries when all normal firecons are gone, I would
say
no since they wouldn't usually get firing solutions from the ADFC plus
it
would only have a very limited range.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you Next: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you